Book your move online
Whether you're a new or existing customer, you can sign up to a new plan and select your Move in date via the Origin Move house page.
You'll need to register your move with us before 1pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
If you need power sooner, or you've moved in but your power's not on
phoneCall 13 MOVE (13 66 83)
See the connection and disconnection fees associated with moving house.
If you already have solar...
- Don't quite understand feed-in tariffs? They vary state to state in Australia and some eligibility criteria apply. Take a look at our Feed-in tariff rates page.
- Interested in adding a battery? We can assist with the Tesla Powerwall 2.
- Need some help with maintenance and support of your planels or inverter? We can help.
If you're looking to go solar...
- You may want to start by understanding how much of a saving solar could help you make. Check out our solar calculator.
- Take a look at our competitive range of solar panel and inverter system options.
- Learn about solar batteries. Some can be purchased as an add-on to an existing system, while others must be installed at the same time as your solar system.
With My Account you can:
- Update your contact details
- Tell us how you want us to contact you
- Find all the correspondence we've sent you - like your bills and your energy contract
- Remove a joint account holder from your account
To add a joint account holder or update their details drop us an email.
For eligible residential customers, our Power on program is designed to help. We also have information and guidance for state government assistance programs.
Just let us know.
Want to understand your meter? We've got a visual guide for both standard and digital meters at:
Want to get hold of your meter data? You can use our online form:
What happens after I submit a self-meter read?
Have we sent you a bill?
Yes. Then we’ll reverse that bill and issue you a new one overnight. If you get your bills by email, you'll see your new bill within 24 hours. If you get your bills by post, it may take up to five business days.
If you sent us a self-meter read for the current bill period, i.e. we haven’t billed you for it yet; we’ll still issue your bill overnight. If your distributor can access your meter and sends us an actual reading for this bill period, we’ll use the distributor's read to issue your bill.
Which read will you use to issue my bill?
There are three types of read we can use to calculate and issue your bill. We use them in this order:
- If we have an actual read from your distributor, we’ll use that.
- If we don’t have an actual read, we’ll use your self-meter read.
By the way, you can only send us a self-meter read up to 10 days business days before or after your scheduled meter read date. You can find this date in My Account.
- If we don’t have an actual read or a self-meter read from you, we’ll use an estimated read from your distributor.
To request a payment extension, log into My Account and go to Payment extensions. You can ask us to delay your payment date by up to five weeks.
- Up to two weeks - we just delay your due date, OR
- From three to five weeks - we set up a Promise to pay. You can pay in full on your new due date or set up instalments from that date.
You will need to meet extension criteria.
If you've built up some credit in your electricity or natural gas account, it's easy to get it back.
Simply log into My Account and go to Transfer or refund my credit (under Billing & Payments).
In My Account you can :
- Transfer the credit into another account to help pay a bill, OR
- Ask us to refund it to you - into a credit card or bank account or we can send you a cheque.
forumChat to us
Our energy experts are online Monday to Friday, 7 am to 7 pm and Saturdays 8 am - 5 pm.
Message us on Facebook
Our Social team is online 7 am to 9 pm weekdays and 9 am to 5 pm Saturdays (excluding public holidays).