Terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Origin Energy Retail Limited (ABN 22 078 868 425) of Level 14, 321 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, telephone (03) 8665 7847
3. Entry is only open to QLD residents aged 18 years or over who (a) live within the direct delivery area of Origin LPG around Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and Toowoomba (Eligible postcodes 4105, 4122, 4502, 4341, 4512, 4355, 4365, 4221, 4119, 4053, 4011, 4025, 4133, 4035, 4218, 4304, 4228, 4157, 4067, 4550, 4077, 4008, 4564, 4403, 4272, 4106, 4116, 4342, 4352, 4575, 4205, 4130, 4215, 4054, 4507, 4160, 4064, 4172, 4070, 4012, 4022, 4127, 4036, 4301, 4154, 4169, 4551, 4078, 4009, 4561, 4019, 4400, 4120, 4309, 4558, 4103, 4117, 4500, 4510, 4353, 4363, 4131, 4216, 4226, 4051, 4508, 4065, 4518, 4173, 4075, 4006, 4128, 4312, 4521, 4155, 4165, 4270, 4280, 4562, 4101, 4401, 4340, 4350, 4559, 4104, 4114, 4505, 4511, 4347, 4170, 4364, 4010, 4020, 4300, 4213, 4310, 4227, 4152, 4519, 4178, 4076, 4007, 4017, 4125, 4034, 4307, 4313, 4059, 4556, 4102, 4112, 4406, 4275, 4361, 4211, 4109, 4115, 2488, 4506, 4516, 4171, 4358, 4567, 4021, 4208, 4031, 4214, 4311, 4224, 4153, 4163, 4372, 4179, 4073, 4560, 4018, 4557, 4113, 4407, 4123, 4520, 4362, 4212, 4503, 4060, 4517, 4359, 4568, 4209, 4032, 4219, 4225, 4164, 4068, 4074, 4005, 4305, 4554, 4110, 4404, 4124, 4343, 4287, 4107, 4223, 2476, 2486, 4504, 4061, 4514, 4346, 4356, 4565, 4013, 4151, 4055, 4161, 4370, 4069, 4552, 4306, 4158, 4555, 4111, 4121, 4501, 4344, 4354, 4360, 4210, 4108, 4220, 4118, 4509, 4515, 4174, 4566, 4014, 4207, 4132, 4030, 4217, 4303, 4156, 4371, 4066, 4553, 4563, 4129, 4037, 4159, 4285, 4000); (b) have a residence that is safe and suitable for LPG gas to be installed (as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion); and (c) are not an existing customer of the Promoter. For the removal of doubt, business customers are not eligible to enter.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Entries into the promotion open on 01/06/2020 and close at 8pm AEST on 30/06/2020 (“Promotional Period”).
6. To receive an automatic entry into the draw, individuals must visit https://origin.com.au/localgas and request a quote from the Promoter for LPG gas in their home during the Promotional Period. For the removal of doubt, the home must be located within a direct delivery area and must be safe and suitable for LPG gas to be installed (as outlined in clause 3 above) in order to be eligible.
7. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. There will be one (1) draw conducted for each weekday (i.e. Monday – Friday) of the Promotional Period, for a total of twenty-two (22) draws (“Weekday Draws”). Subject to the starting and closing time of the Promotional Period, entries into each Weekday Draw will open and close each weekday based on QLD local time. This excludes the Weekday Draw conducted on a Monday, where entries will open on Friday and close on Sunday, based on QLD local time.
12. Each Weekday Draw will take place at the Promoter’s office, Level 14, 321 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 10am AEST on the business day after entries close for that Weekday Draw, with the first Weekday Draw taking place on 02/06/2020 and the last Weekday Draw taking place on 01/07/2020. For the removal of doubt, no draws will be conducted during the weekend or on a public holiday in VIC. Non-winning entries in each Weekday Draw will NOT be entered into any subsequent Weekday Draw(s).The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winners will be notified via telephone and in writing via email.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The first five (5) valid entries drawn in each Weekday Draw will each win household LPG gas for their home for a year valued at up to $623 each. The prize will be awarded in the form of 45KG cylinders (or the equivalent in litres) with a maximum of three (3) per winner in a twelve (12) month window, and the annual facility fee will be waived. The prize also includes installation costs up to the value of $250. In the event the installation costs exceed $250, the winner will be responsible for any amount in excess of this, and the Promoter will provide a quote for any such excess prior to work commencing. The first cylinder must be ordered by a winner within four (4) weeks of the date of the first winner notification email being sent to the winner. For the removal of doubt, regardless of whether a winner has utilised the three (3) cylinder allowance, any additional cylinders ordered after the twelve (12) month window has passed will be at the Promoter’s current acquisition price in Brisbane. The twelve (12) month window commences at the date of the first winner notification email being sent to the winner.
15. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take / redeem a prize (or an element of the prize) at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
16. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
17. Total prize pool value is up to $68,530. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
18. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 01/10/2020 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified via telephone and in writing via email.
19. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
20. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
21. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
22. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
23. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.